It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia?
If you haven’t seen It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia then you are seriously missing out. It is one of the funniest, most inappropriate and completely f**ked up shows on TV right now. If you are easily offended then this show might not be for you.
Here’s a quick summary, 3 guys own a completely crappy dive bar in a sketchy area of Philadelphia. One of the guys, Dennis, employs his sister to bar-tend. Hilarity ensues.
In the 2nd season, Danny Devito joins the show and it starts to get even crazier. This is not Devito how you have seen him before. The guy is bat-shit crazy. By the 3rd and 4th season, he is a loose canon.
This show is kind of realistic mixed with crazy scenarios that would never happen. The closest comparison I can think of would be Seinfeld if it was Rated R. It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia manages to poke fun at abortion, crack addiction, poverty and alcoholism without EVER getting serious. The characters are lovable and hilarious, while at the same being the most ignorant and self involved a-holes you could ever encounter. My favorite moments:
- Dennis deciding which side of the abortion rally to protest based on where the hotter chicks are.
- Frank constantly wielding his gun around while drunk and angry.
- Deanna running through a park at night hoping to be the next serial murder victim so she can prove to the guys that she is fits the victim profile (young, attractive and blonde).
- Dennis and Dee get addicted to crack in order to qualify for welfare.
- Mac becomes an aggressive real-estate agent (so aggressive that he threatens to rape a potential buyer’s wife unless he commits to the purchase immediately).
- The gang hates their Israeli neighbour, so to get rid of him they produce a fake Jihad video to send him.
- Charlie describes his Christmas tradition of various ‘Santas’ coming over to the house with a bottle of booze, and they go into the bedroom to ‘cheer up’ his mother. He later realizes his mom was a Christmas prostitute.
Just to name a few.
So far there have been 5 full seasons. The most disappointing part of this show is that there are only 12 episodes or so per season, and each episode is about 25 minutes long. There’s not enough of it!